Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: Stimulus Package

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Folks seem to not be able to understand that the folks that you are talking about are the ones who are drawing the disability check that you see under their vehicle turning a wrench or working cash only odd jobs to line their pockets. They are too down to work,but you'll surely see them walk a mile,set up a tree stand to deer hunt,or walk and wade to trout fish. Folks like centinnialdawg are legit. I can completely understand the truly disabled getting relief, and have zero issue with that. I have zero issue with the man who is laid off getting help until he can find work. I do have issues however with lazy folks sitting on heir arses,popping out kids that those who do work will have to support,just to get an increase in benefits (you know those who roll around in nice vehicles without the benefit of actually earning them-for ome reason I can still hear ODB laughing). The system is horribly flawed and badly abused.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #42
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    The disabled would rather have a job than have to stay at home. I know I would. I guess I must be the exeption.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Social Security? LOL. That wil be gone long before we both retire.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #44
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Yep, I guess that is why the economy came roaring back in the 80s.

    icon rolleyes
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    What is this Social Security you speak of? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Both of us will never see that.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    You are the exception. I have worked around many that schemed and plotted to go on the draw and are in better health than I am. Heck,nowadays teachers are telling stories of kids telling them that they are going to go on the draw for a living when they grow up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img] Just because you have pride and self-respect and would work if you could (which we have zero doubt that you would), doesn't mean that the next person has the same attitude.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I hear that.

    I heard politicians talking about it once but I guess we just need to just file that away with the Loch Ness Monster and Sasquatch [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] It's something we'll never see!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, I guess that is why the economy came roaring back in the 80s.

    icon rolleyes</div></div>

    And it's raging now like a Viagra-riddled hard-on.

    Right...

    No way will anyone EVER convince me that trickle-down economics works. It's simply inherently implausible to apply in today's economy, mostly due to societal habits.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I think that the truly disabled feel that same as you do on that ID. Most of you know me and have seen me. To look at me, you would think that I was able bodied, but I'm not. I now walk on crutches and am unable to drive.

    BTW, a few years ago, Virginia started a program for all the women who were just sitting at home drawing a "support" check for kids they have. These women now have to work at least 30 hours a week at a job or do 30 hours of community service in order to keep those checks. The companies they work for pay theirs salaries, but are re-imbursed by the government for hiring these moms.

    That is one example in which Virginia is trying to improve on.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    There are plenty of perfectly legit cases, and plenty of false ones.

    I've dealt with many claims were fraud investigators had to be sent out. Social Security Admin. also has fraud investigators. They stay busy.

    The truly disabled often would rather be able and working, while the false claims just want a free ride.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •